Thursday 3 May 2012

Welcome!


Hello friends!!

Welcome to my blog for International Justice Mission! For those of you who don’t know, I am currently volunteering as an intern for IJM UK. I have completed my first month as Church and Development Assistant here in Nothern Ireland and have loved every minute of it!

I have followed IJM for several years and have admired their work from afar, always hoping to one day become more actively involved. The mission of International Justice Mission is to protect people from violent forces of injustice by securing rescue and restoration for victims and ensuring public justice systems work for the poor. Through the collaboration of local authorities and IJM lawyers, social workers and investigators, IJM has brought freedom and relief to thousands of victims of violent oppression.

Last year, I wrote my dissertation at Queen's University Belfast on human trafficking. The title of this was "A Missiological and Theological Approach to Human Trafficking." I truly feel that God has called us to live a life of mission, and that this mission includes the fight against injustice. God is the God of justice and we are called to join Him in this mission! As I wrote my dissertation on human trafficking, it became so clear to me that God has called me to this mission of justice. Specifically to tackle the issue of human trafficking. 

For this next year, I feel that God is calling me to carry out this mission through my internship with IJM. I truly believe that each of us has something amazing to offer to the mission of justice and that our contribution makes all the difference. By spreading the word about the issues of injustice going on throughout the world and sharing about the good work of IJM, I know God is furthering His kingdom and mission of justice. 

I will share more about IJM with each blog post, but this is the taster for now! Want to know more right now? Take a look at some of the links on the top of my page. 

If you would like to support me financially in this internship, there is a "Donate" button at the bottom of the page.

___________________________________________________________________________

Last month marked the 15th Anniversary of IJM. Take a few minutes to watch the video below. Well worth your time!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment